Monday, May 7, 2007

For Me



I've seen posts on other blogs about feet and pedicures. While I am all about taking care of my feet, it is more of a habit for me--like taking a shower, getting dressed--if my toes aren't painted, I don't feel complete. My fingernails, on the other hand, are a luxury. When my nails are manicured and painted, I feel feminine. I used to have my nails painted ALWAYS--before kids. I even used to pay for acrylic nails while I was teaching. Now, I am almost always without polish and I am lucky to keep them cut evenly and shaped nice. To be honest, it isn't really worth it to paint them. With two toddlers, they are trashed in two days. Plus with all the sewing and typing on the computer, it's not practical to have them at any real length--they just get in the way. HOWEVER, today, I needed a little pick-me-up. I filed them, buffed them, and painted them this fun, dark shade of red. I feel pretty--even in my grungy t-shirt and sweat capris. That was the whole point, wasn't it? Sometimes it just takes a little thing to make you feel like your own woman (if only for a little bit).

1 comment:

erin said...

Now you can come over and do my nails :)

You've been tagged- check my blog!