Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First Taste of Home

I was raised in a SMALL (like 2000 people small) rural/farming community in Nebraska. One of my favorite things to eat has always been corn on the cob. Really, my mom has pictures of me eating some in the back corner of my mouth when my front teeth had fallen out--I HAD to have my corn.

So, with corn season pretty much here, we bought some at the store this week. I let the kids shuck their own corn--they were amazed by the cornsilk. Then they had their first corn on the cob. (Yes, they've eaten corn before, just not on the cob.) It was a HUGE hit--like, "Can we have this every night?" hit. I actually thought to grab my camera and take some pictures.


2 comments:

Gina said...

WOW! First time with corn on the cob...I think my 3 were eating it at like two....although they weren't in love with it then, but now they can't get enough!
Wish I had pics of my 3's first time eating that, your a great mom!

Gina

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha! That's too cute. My kids think corn on the cob is something super special too.