Friday, February 22, 2008

Taking the Leap

Today I placed my first listings on etsy. Some of you may have heard about a big uproar over on ebay. They've implemented some changes that aren't in the best interest of the "smaller" seller. For now, it's still working for me and I'll still be listing, but decided it's time to diversify.

As is usual, I was hesitant to take on something new because I am already busy. I must say, however, that it was quite an easy process. I know that although sometimes I get into the spirit of bidding on something, there are times when I just want to BUY! I'm interested to see where it will go.

You can find my etsy listings by clicking on the link over in the right column.

One of my not-so-distant goals is to work on my website. It's pretty much looked the same since I first got it up and running. I want to put some more separates on there and really get the variety going. Hmmmm....I see a "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE" contest coming up....

In other news....well, no new news....I'm still sewing and trying to complete orders before my little getaway. I had one friend commission a "Sarah dress" from Little House on the Prairie for her 3rd grade daughter. She even lent me a DVD from her collection, so I'd know which dress they were hoping for. Let me add, here, that we STILL have the DVD because we are enjoying watching the shows as a family. I was surprised how "into it" my 3 year old girl and 5 year old boy were! I snapped a quick pic of the dress as a sneak peek for her. I wish I had taken a better one, AND one with the bonnet (which was my favorite thing), but....I didn't. Here's what I did get:

(I did cut down those ties.)


Here's a pic of The Prince on career day. I know, THE BOOTS! But in his mind, he looked EXACTLY like a fireman should (you know, with your pants tucked in your rubber boots?).


A just because picture (just because The Prince had HIS picture taken, she needed hers taken, too):


The next day was "Silly Hat Day," and we bought a Cat in the Hat hat for him to wear. I guess somebody started "teasing" him about his big hat and the rest of the class joined in. To hear him tell it, what they were saying wasn't especially mean, but with a "nanananana" tone to it. His feelings were hurt....our first real experience. Of course I wanted to go TAKE ON THE WORLD, but used it instead to talk about how to handle things like that. He just didn't understand how kids who he considers his friends could DO that to him. I told him they probably didn't even think about how it was making him feel, but that it's important to think about those things. He said the whole class got a time-out for teasing, but NOT HIM! He's fine, he'll make it, but *sigh* a Mama's heart can be so fragile.

And, FINALLY, I have a new lens on the way for my camera! I am SO EXCITED! It's a "macro" lens and, and, and.....well, I'm just SO EXCITED. I should be here the day before my getaway, so I look forward to posting some new pics!

2 comments:

Love said...

ugh...my eyes filled with tears with that teasing story. yes, our hearts can be so fragile for them. i pray everyday that i can help develop that self-confidence in them and give them the tools that they need to work those times like those...what a special job we have!

what a great mama you are. =)

Lisa~ said...

Thanks for the info on the trampoline! it looks like so much fun!!