Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The "Not So Great" Day

Yesterday was just ONE of those days.

I was taking The Princess to her one day of Mother's Day Out. Before I even get out of our neighborhood, I get pulled over by the police. Turns out I didn't come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign in our neighborhood (you know, the stop sign NOBODY stops at, just kind of yields). OK, a $104.00 ticket. Also turns out that I have a brake light out and my car tags expired LAST MAY!!! Now, I did know about the one brake light, but thought if you had 2 brake lights working (I have the middle and one side), you were good--NOPE!!--that was just a warning. But, the car tags???? I need to get to the DMV, because I just can't imagine that we skipped on that--we just don't skip on those things. The King thinks maybe somebody swiped my updated sticker for their own car. The officer's computer was down, so he couldn't check. He told me to get it fixed, though, because the could impound my car......YIKES!!

Truly, I almost cried! I didn't, but it was close. This was my FIRST ticket ever in my 34 years of life. The Princess is in the back of the car saying, "Mommy, I'm going to be late for school! Why aren't you moving?" Well......

THEN, it turns out that The King scheduled our security company to come out to work on our system (on the ONE day a week I am child-free for 3 hours). The guy was nice, but he just KEPT ON TALKING. I finally escape to my sewing room, but he keeps popping in to update me on his progress and just chat----UGH!!! Needless to say, I didn't get much work finished.

FINALLY, The Prince had his 5 year check-up, and he got FOUR shots--2 in each arm. They had to call in another nurse to hold him down--my boy is STRONG!! He's screaming, his face is purple/red, "LET GO OF MY ARM!!! NOT YET!!! MOMMY, HELP MEEEEE!!!" My boy is LOUD!! The nurses are so good and handled it so well. I told them to do what they had to do--he needed his shots. I just held his face and told him to look at me--yeah, right! I actually handle those kinds of things pretty well, but it's still pretty draining.

I was glad to go to bed so I could start a new day bright and fresh. Today WAS better and the good news is that I get to pick up my sewing machine tomorrow! YIPPEE!!

2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Awww, you poor thing!! You need some good dark chocolate. I hope today is much better. :)

Hair Candy said...

Aww Jennifer! I'm sorry your day was so crappy. A stop sign in your neighborhood, COME ON!!