Thursday, June 12, 2008

What's Up?

Oh, a little of this and a little of that (that being the 2 kiddos around here). Summer is here and, let's just say that the kids are still going through the "adjustment period" of spending ALL day, EVERY day together, once again. I have been trying my best to keep them occupied and entertained (without using the TV all day), in addition to keeping up with my sewing. We run errands, we've been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week (almost finished, WooHoo!), and then we've done our "School" activities. We've been to the library, I've picked up a few crafts for them, we have physical education in the pool, and last week, we learned about 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4 when we baked chocolate chip cookies. They are only (almost) 4 and 5, but The Princess can tell you how many halves it takes to make 1 and The Prince can tell you how many halves, or thirds, or fourths it takes, so the lesson was a success. Plus, they had a blast!




The Princess has entered what I like to call the "I'm Going To Test You" phase. Mind you, it is really a drop in the bucket compared to when The Prince went through his own version of this phase, but still! I'd really like to walk in her room one morning and NOT have it look like this:


Especially since it doesn't look like that when she goes to bed. Truth be told, she's already improved (due to some kindly worded threats, of course), but this girl would change her clothes 10 times a day if I let her. She sneaks in at least 3 changes as it is--for no other reason than her own whim. The King says she is of my own making--what does that mean? Just because I like to dress her up and because I buy her all of these fun, frilly, frou-frou dress up clothes??? Nahhhhhh.

1 comment:

Jus Shar Designs said...

My dd12 used to be the same way with changing her outfits. She's outgrown that, but her room is constantly trashed.