Monday, October 6, 2008

Busy, busy

It's hard to believe we are already into October! It seems like my "to-do list" grows longer every day, even though I am getting things done. I just thought I'd give a little update on US.

Last week was my husband's BIG week of work--he was gone from Tuesday through Sunday. He's taken the same trip every year for the past few years and it's always difficult when he is gone, because he is such an integral part of our family life (he does SO MUCH). I must admit, however, that this year was the easiest, by far! I think it has something to do with the fact that the kids are now 4 and 5 (instead of 3 and 4, or 2 and 3, or 1 and 2). The Prince really tried to play the role of "the man," and was taking care of me--so sweet! Every time he travels, my heart grows for the single parents out there! How they do it successfully is amazing to me!

The King's dad had surgery last Wednesday and will be in the hospital until later this week. He went up to the hospital to spend the night with him tonight. His mom is up in New York with her dad, as his health is beginning to deteriorate and she just needs to be with him. It all seems to happen at once!

I've kept quite busy with sewing orders and shuttling the kids around. I'm so thankful that we are able to keep me home--which is where I want to be right now!

The kids both LOVE school and being a former teacher, I LOVE that they love it. The Prince is continuing to read at amazing speed, and The Princess has already started sounding out 3 letter words. They have wonderful teachers, which adds to their excitement about school.

We have stayed healthy and gas in our city just dropped to $2.99/gallon--for these 2 things, I am EXTREMELY grateful!!

Off to clean my sewing room--when I get in a sewing "frenzy" I just start throwing patterns, fabric, spools of thread, etc. everywhere. Then, I have to take time to clean before starting my next "frenzy."

No comments: